- Assess a patient's medical condition by reviewing their medical history, listening to the patient's concerns, and performing a physical examination
- Analyze the patient's posture, spine, and reflexes
- Conduct tests, including evaluating a patient's posture and taking x rays
- Identify health problems
- Provide neuromusculoskeletal therapy, which involves adjusting a patient's spinal column and other joints by hand
- Give additional treatments, such as applying heat or cold to a patient's injured areas
- Advise patients on health and lifestyle issues, such as exercise, nutrition, and sleep habits
- Refer patients to other health care professionals, if needed
- Providing effective remedial therapies sessions.
- Develop and maintain excellent communication and working relations
- Follow policies, procedures, systems and structures to ensure the clinic is run in the best interests of its customers.
- Promote and maintain high standards of customer service and best practice.
As a passionate massage therapist you'll be a member of a professional body (FHT, SMA, SST, BASRAT, REPS).
You'll be qualified to a level 3 in massage (Sports Massage, Swedish, Aromatherapy, Indian Head, Reflexology)
You are customer focused
You work well as part of a team
You are great at prioritising and managing multiple challenges simultaneously
• Assess and treat clients with a wide range of acute and chronic conditions
• Test and measure the functioning of the musculoskeletal, neurological, pulmonary and cardiovascular systems
• Establish a clinical diagnosis and care plan for the treatment of physical problems
• Measure client’s/family’s progress towards goal achievement using objective measures
• Provide client, family or support personnel with education and training to maximize physical abilities
• Utilize adult learning principals and established teaching materials to educate clients and families
• Identify and utilize appropriate tools and resources to deliver care and manage these responsibly
• Refer client/family to appropriate levels and type of care and community resources as needed